NATURE OF CONFERENCE
- Delegates assume citizenship (as ambassadors) of a United Nations (UN) member country, as assigned by conference organizer.
- Each delegate will belong to a committee of the UN.
- Standard UN presentation procedures will be applied in conference.
- During the days of conference, delegates are expected to exchange ideas (brainstorm) with other delegates in order to negotiate and work out issues in an effort to come up with conference resolutions to be voted upon on the last day of the conference.
KEY CONFERENCE FEATURES
- A grand opening ceremony with Country Ambassadors, other members of the Diplomatic Corps and UN Regional Representatives as Special Guests.
- Simulation of UN General Assembly (GA) Committees and some UN agencies.
- Social events and excursions.
- Closing ceremony.